New resources are now available to help school districts engage parents and school staff in Local School Wellness Policy efforts. The USDA Food and Nutrition Service’s Team Nutrition initiative has developed a free Local Wellness Policy Outreach Toolkit that school districts and schools can customize to communicate information about their Local School Wellness Policy to parents and staff.
The kit includes:
- A letter to the wellness coordinator;
- Sample letter to school principals;
- Informational flyers, in English and Spanish;
- Presentations for parents and school staff;
- Sample newsletter article; and
- Social media posts and graphics.